Streetscape Improvement Project
Previous Community Consultation in our towns have identified a desire to revitalise streetscapes as central nodes of attraction for each community and visitors.
This resulted in a $160,000 grant under Local Community Infrastructure for the purpose at Ivanhoe and White Cliffs, a $135,000 grant under the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure program for Wilcannia and a further $100,000 grant under the same program for street tree planting (capturing Menindee in the program).
Council now has these plans ready for public exhibition and welcomes comments from residents and ratepayers on the plans which based on:
- Identifying opportunities for greening and increasing shade coverage.
- Selecting drought resistant species for planting.
- Improving the appearance of selected key streets.
- Carrying out footpath restoration works to improve safety and make town centres more pedestrian friendly.
- Creating a holistic look for each town that suits local conditions.
- Developing a consistent pallet of materials and street furniture that suits the character of the area.
- Improving tourist appeal and encourage visitors to stop/stay in town centres.
You can view the whole of Shire plan or you can view town specific plans which have been extracted from the Shire document.
Community information and feedback sessions will be organised to discuss the plan and gain the views of residents.
Submissions are now being taken and can be sent to the General Manager, Central Darling Shire Council, PO Box 165 Wilcannia NSW 2836, via email at email@example.com or through the below online feedback form.
Click here to view form.