The 2021/22 Swimming Season is due to commence in November 2021.
In preparation for the season, Council is seeking a pool of casual Pool Attendants to be rostered over the season.
As a member of a team, the Pool Attendants are required to supervise patrons utilising council owned and operated swimming pools and provide life-saving and first aid response when necessary at the facility throughout the swimming pool season. In addition, the position is required to provide high-level customer service, maintenance cleaning of the facilities, and administer first aid.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• Royal Lifesaving Society Australia pool lifeguard licence (Council will provide training)
• Basic literacy and numeracy skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organisation and in the community.
• Demonstrated adherence to a code of professional behaviours, ethics and values
• High level of professionalism in all aspects of work, through a courteous, sensitive and professional approach in dealing with stakeholders, using tact and diplomacy.
• Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Pro-active self-starter with excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise competing tasks.
• Demonstrated committed to providing excellent customer service.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Sound influencing and negotiating skills as it relates to the position.
• Ability to retain the trust and confidence of colleagues, councillors and the public.
• Demonstrated ability to act with honesty and integrity when collecting pool entrance fees
• Satisfactory Working with Children Check
Central Darling Shire Grade 2 Entry Level (Casual) - $29.99 per hour plus superannuation and award allowances.
For further information, and to obtain a Position Description, please contact Evelyn Pollard, HR Officer, on (08) 8083 8900 or alternatively download the information from Council’s website at www.centraldarling.nsw.gov.au
All Applications must be submitted in writing and addressed to:
The General Manager
Central Darling Shire Council
PO Box 165
WILCANNIA NSW 2836
Applications close 4pm Wednesday 20 October 2021.