Call Council Office 08 8083 8900

Owner Builder Permits/Construction Certificates/Advertising Structures

Current charges. Contact the Environmental Services Department for more information

Owner Builder Permits â€Â" Required for
Any work (including supervising and co-ordinating) involved in the construction, alteration, repair or addition to a dwelling (which includes a house, terrace, town-house, swimming pool and certain other structures and improvements
Where the market cost (includes labour and materials) exceeds $5,000 and
Which relates to a single dwelling or dual occupancy and
Is carried out by the owner of the land (or a person having a prescribed interest in the land) upon which the work is to be carried out.
Permits available from Fair Trading Centre for $100.00
Owner Builders undertaking work costing more than $12,000 ae required to complete an education course through TAFE. Owner Builder â€Â" Home Warranty Insurance is required if an owner builder decides to sell their home within 6 years after completing the work where the cost of the project was more than $12,000
Council must receive a copy of the Owner Builder Permit prior to approval being granted.
Construction Certificate Application Fees
Base Amount - Per Application:


Up to $5,000
Per $100.00

Over $5,000
First $5,000

From $5,001-$100,000
Per $1,000

Per $1,000

Over $250,000
Per $1,000

Over $250,000
Per $1,000

Advertising Structures
Fascia, Top hamper or Awning Sign


Fin or Roof Sign


Flush or Projected wall Sign


Pole, Pylon, Moving or Flashing Sign


Advertising Panel


Hoardings not exceeding 1.8m sq


Pre additional 1m sq


Private Works Inspection
Per Hour


Contact Details

Environmental Services Department
Phone: 08 8083 8903
Fax: 08 8091 5045