Domestic Waste Collection
Your bin must be on the kerb by 7.00am on your collection day and must be correctly positioned with the bin handle facing away from the road. The following days are scheduled for weekly collections in each town
WILCANNIA - Wednesday
MENINDEE TOWN - Monday
MENINDEE ENVIRONS - Tuesday
IVANHOE TOWN - Monday
IVANHOE ENVIRONS - Thursday
To prevent your wheelie bin from being missed, damaged or tipped over on collection day, please ensure that:
- The bin is positioned on flat ground next to the roadside or kerbside;
- The wheelie bin is facing forward onto the street;
- Your bins are placed at least half a metre apart;
- The bin is not obstructed by vehicles or overhanging trees;
- The bin is not overflowing of too heavy; and
- The bin only contains items which are suitable for disposal.
The domestic waste collection service runs every week regardless of public holidays. If the service is delayed, Council will advise residents via available media outlets of alternative servicing arrangements.
Generally, if your bin has not been serviced on the day of collection it was not placed out on time. In this event, please remove your bin and place it out the following week. Alternatively, you can take your rubbish to Council’s landfill, they are open 24hrs a day, 7 days per week.